Monday, March 23, 2009

What Spring Brings


Greetings and salutations to all!
I have been waiting for Spring 2009 for some time now. Over the last two years I have worked like a busy bee, getting work ready for an exhibition called REDUX, at the Cape Breton University Art Gallery.
REDUX features the work of myself and friend and artiste extrodinaire Laura Moore
(see lamooredesigns.com) and runs from March 20 - April 24th, 2009.
The show opened this past Friday night and what a night it was! Thank you to all who attended! Over the next while I will post pics of the artwork and exhibition so those of you who can't make it to the University, can have a gander. SEE SLIDESHOW (LEFT) OF REDUX WORK

I hope you will check in with me here at All My Fancey every now and then. I will post my thoughts, talk about art, share some news, poems and whatnot.


I leave you with a poem that I think is apropos.



My Fancy
by Lewis Carroll

I painted her a gushing thing,

With years about a score;

I little thought to find they were

A least a dozen more;

My fancy gave her eyes of blue,

A curly auburn head:

I came to find the blue a green,

The auburn turned to red.


She boxed my ears this morning,

They tingled very much;

I own that I could wish her

A somewhat lighter touch;

And if you ask me how

Her charms might be improved,

I would not have them added to,

But just a few removed!


She has the bear's ethereal grace,

The bland hyaena's laugh,

The footstep of the elephant,

The neck of a giraffe;

I love her still, believe me,

Though my heart its passion hides;

"She's all my fancy painted her,

"But oh! how much besides!