Sunday, October 27, 2013

Can you hear me roar, "I'm almost done!"?

Just finished the last bit of studio-time before Altered Egos opens at the Craig. Spent the last 4 days in my studio hard at it. The village was very quiet...only the few full time residents and me. The wind howled and the cloud-cover made it feel like the end of the day almost all day and there was even a wee bit of hail mixed in with the rain.
(Oh November! You're breathing down our necks)
And there was nothing to distract me from my task.
So...just a bit of finish work to be done now and some planning for the installation of the show. Phew!
I leave you with this detail pic of one of the portraits I worked on this week. A little teaser. Up-cycled fur (thank you Shari!) and some vintage curtain pins turned out to be just the thing.
Meet "Lion Heart".