Monday, November 2, 2009

Lady in Waiting


The waiting is the hardest part, our lovely lady, here to the right, seems resigned to the fact that she must wait. And so she does. But what is she waiting for? Perhaps a poem could shed some light?




Lady in Waiting by Teena Marie Fancey

Adrift without mooring in a pea green boat
Heart full to bursting, body ready to feast
Ravenous, with runcible spoon in hand
I dream by the light of the moon

The taste of honey already on my tongue
Your ocean skin and waves of hair
I’m caught in a counter current, your pull
I dream by the light of the moon





The Owl and the Pussycat is a favourite childhood

poem of mine. I often use the image of the pea green boat

to depict the idea of romance in my work...



The promise of romance is a funny and fleeting thing and we can't get enough of it.





It causes us to do many things like walk on air, giggle, shave our legs and sometimes makes us forget who we are and we'll risk everything for just a little.


Stay tuned...more later this week.



































.