Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ladies 3


It's been a while but here are my latest 'muses'...(thank you Stephen M. for giving me a Facebook nudge).

These ladies look like like they've just dared you."Go ahead. We dare you!" they seem to say. So I thought about how daring they might be and how the three reminded of the ever-popular trio of monkeys...you know the one: Hear no evil, Speak no evil, See no evil. I was thinking these girls would have none of that directive and would do as they please,with gusto!

Using Klimt's Beethoven Frieze, the power of music and the trio of monkeys as further inspiration, I am using paint to help these fine ladies get their message out.
Like music, or a symphony, all that they wish to express, all their emotions will culminate and rise up effervecently to meet you. Stay tuned...the Ladies 3 will return soon, transformed.